About Me

Hello :) My name is Ashley. I'm a lover of all things beauty and always enjoy looking beautiful at an affordable price. I post new blogs every Friday. If you have any requests leave a comment, and I'll reply back as soon as possible.♡

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Battle of the Dry Shampoos!




Second day hair is the hottest trends right now in the beauty world. It has come to be an acceptance among us ladies (and gents) that second or third day hair is acceptable (and awesome!). It allows us to catch a few extra z's in the morning by not having to allow x amount of time to style our luscious locks.

BUT...no one wants to walk out of the house looking like a greasy monster! Dry shampoo to the rescue! In today's blog post I am going to give you the low down on three different dry shampoos I have put to the ultimate test, and the best part is..they are all under 10 dollars! Yay for being good to our wallet and hair!

A little about my hair before we begin: I have dark brown hair, so a white residue left over is not a cool thing for me, and also my hair is SUPER oily. Just to let you know how oily, I could take a shower at bedtime and wake up looking like I haven't washed my hair in two days. So, needless to say, these reviews on the products really were put to the test! I will also give these a rating based on a 5 star rating system!

Dry Shampoo #1 Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion $3.90 on Amazon
*3 stars*

  • For all hair types. 
  • It claims to: refresh your hair, extend your blowout, and revive volume. 
  • Scent: is strong, and definitely has that dry shampoo smell. And it sticks with you all day!
  • White cast: you really have to brush your hair well, but mostly it comes out. 
My overall opinion: I have tried this dry shampoo while trying to extend my hair to a second day without wash, and with the level of greasiness my hair always is, it just didn't get it clean enough looking for me to actually want to wear my hair this way all day. But when I used it in a pinch while getting ready for a date with my man after work, it revived my hair to a voluminous, and non greasy state! It also made my hair really smooth and helped with the frizz from the keratin. And voila, I was ready for my date.

 

Dry Shampoo #2 Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo $6.09 on Amazon
*4 stars*
  • For fine/oily hair.
  • It claims to: absorb oil and odor between washes leaving hair clean and manageable.
  • Scent: there's a scent, but not too strong. It doesn't stick with you through the day. 
  • White cast: this particular dry shampoo has a "no visible residue formula" so honestly even when it sprays on, I can't even see any white.
My overall opinion: I tried this shampoo on second day hair, and it did a pretty good job at making my hair look pretty clean! I wouldn't say fresh out of the shower clean (because with 2nd day super oily hair, it just made it look like 1 day old hair), but it looked better than before. I really enjoy the scent of this one and really refreshes your hair. The biggest plus for all my dark haired babies out there is that there is  NO WHITE RESIDUE!! So that makes this dry shampoo really awesome for my dark hair. Also, it works perfect for a pick my up for tons of volume and shine.

Dry Shampoo #3 Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original 7.99 at Rite Aid 
*5 stars*
  • For all hair types.
  • It claims to: revitalize hair and remove excess oil, also gives your hair body.
  • Scent: strong scent, as with any dry shampoo, but it feel it doesn't stick with my hair too long. Its a very clean scent. 
  • White cast: VERY white when you first spray it onto hair, but after you brush it out, it all comes out with no left over white residue! 😃
My overall opinion: This dry shampoo was my absolute favorite out of the three I've tried. This one is the best at combating really oily hair, and also once worked through and brushed out, it gives your hair so much volume! It literally looks like you just had an amazing blowout, and pretty much makes you feel like you can conquer the world (even with second day hair!) 


I hope you all have enjoyed my blog post for this week! Start checking back regularly, as I am going to start posting more reviews! If you have any requests please feel free to leave a comment, and I'll try to get back to you!

Remember you are beautiful and loved. 

"She is clothed in dignity and strength, and she laughs without fear of the future."
-Proverbs 31:25

❤️